jueves, 7 de agosto de 2008

How does one define the quality of any experience?

This is the question I ask myself as I begin to write my first blog here in Toluca, Mexico. Everything we do will always ultimately be compared with every other experience. Which can both highlight or distract from whatever adventure we embark on. This has always been my problem when I´ve been travelling. I tend to search for meaning in the world around me by collating it with places I´ve previously visited. I´ve been to about 12 Spanish speaking countries but never lived there. Now, finally, I´ve made the decision to come and stay for a while. I´ve wet my feet and now am ready to take the plunge.
And so...in the next little while I hope to reflect - and articulate as objectively as I can - the Mexican experience. But like a child, I hope I can see things here the way they really are. Wish me luck.

No hay comentarios: